The Digital Champions programme aims to build awareness among public sector leaders of the transformative power of digital technology and to give participants the knowledge and confidence to drive change at pace. Over 170 public sector leaders have completed the programme over the last few years and we have used their feedback to ensure that it remains current and uniquely suited to the challenges we face together.
Who can apply?
Chief Executives, Directors or Digital leads across public sector organisations
How long does it take?
The programme will run for 5½ days over 6 months. Two cohorts will run simultaneously.
What are the outcomes of the programme?
- You will understand what it takes to succeed in an increasingly digital connected world;
- You will understand what needs to change for us to transform in the face of digital possibility and how to make that sustainable
- You will consider what transformational areas you need to prioritise for your organisation and how you encourage different thinking.
- You will experience new technologies and how this might support delivering services differently and the personal leadership behaviours that go with them
- You will have identified how the better use of data can support public services delivery
- You will hear about how innovation can solve problems and deliver solutions for public services
What are the benefits to my organisation?
- Understand how you can direct transformation and reform
- Share and learn from colleagues across a diverse range of organisations and sectors
- Have a better understanding of the national digital agenda and how this is driving change across the Scottish public sector
- Identified priority transformational areas for your organisation and what you can do to encourage different thinking
- You will have a better understanding of the need to ensure that digital public services are designed using standards that focus on user needs and tackle digital exclusion.
Contact: Laurena Charles, Digital Learning and Development Specialist