Find out more about the Scottish Digital Academy and the courses we deliver.
The Scottish Digital Academy was set up in collaboration with GDS Academy.
Its focus is making sure that Scottish public sector organisations have a coherent learning and development programme to:
- develop and grow our in-house capability to build effective digital services
- transform how government delivers services that meet users’ needs
We want to equip our people with digital skills, so they can fill key roles in our projects and programmes.
The Scottish Digital Academy currently delivers courses on a monthly basis, but this may change depending on demand.
Anyone working for a public sector organisation in Scotland can apply for these courses. The length of courses varies, depending on objectives and the level of skills needing to be developed. They range from a one day Discover Digital and Agile course to a 10-day Digital Foundation course.
Programme outcomes and benefits
The GDS Academy website outlines the aims and objectives of each course.
The courses introduce new ways of working, focussed on user-centred service design.
Developing these skills contributes to building capability and creating the culture change needed for digital transformation in government.
The courses also have benefits to participants’ organisations, including:
- increased capability to create industry leading services through service centred design
- increased efficiency
- consistency in learning, ways of working and the implementation of Digital Transformation programmes across the public sector
Why should you enrol on a course?
Hear from leaders who have attended our Hands on Agile for Leaders course.
Scottish Digital Academy courses – January and February 2020
These may be subject to change depending on demand.
Please note: New costs as at 1 January 2020. If you applied and have been accepted on the course, prior to this date, costs will be honoured based on date of application.
|Course||Duration||Dates||Venue||No. of places (max)||Cost per delegate|
|Digital and Agile Foundation course||10 days||13 - 24 January 2020||Edinburgh||15||£1350|
|Agile for Teams*||3 days||4 - 6 February 2020||Glasgow||12-15*||£415|
|Driving Value for Data and Artificial Intelligence (trial course)||1 day||17 February 2020||Edinburgh||15||Free|
|Demystifying Agile||11.30 - 13.00||11 February 2020||Edinburgh||15||Full|
|Demystifying Agile||11.30 - 13.00||12 February 2020||Glasgow||15||Free|
|Discover Digital and Agile Awareness||1 day||19 February 2020||Edinburgh||15||£245|
|Working Level Course for Business Analysts||3 days||25 - 27 February 2020||Edinburgh||15||£715|
|Hands on Agile for Leaders||3 days||24 - 26 March 2020||Edinburgh||10||£715|
* (must have 3 - 4 members of a team attend)
Please email the DigitalAcademy@gov.scot if you are interested in the working level courses.
Find out more about the Digital Academy’s specialist courses:
Future Scottish Digital Academy courses dates
Further dates in 2020 will be confirmed in due course.
Venues will be confirmed once each Scottish Digital Academy course dates are released.
How can I book a place?
To request a place on the Digital Academy courses please email DigitalAcademy@gov.scot.
- Confirmed bookings will be invoiced 1 month prior to the start of the first course.
- Course bookings will need to be paid in full prior to the start of your course, in order for you to attend.
- Cancellations: If you withdraw from the course, and the Scottish Digital Academy are unable to fill the requested space, the course booking will be invoiced as a filled place.
Tai McLennan, Head of Scottish Digital Academy or Lorraine Lee, Scottish Digital Academy Business Manager at DigitalAcademy@gov.scot.