The Scottish Digital Academy was set up in collaboration with GDS Academy.
Its focus is making sure that Scottish public sector organisations have a coherent learning and development programme to:
- develop and grow our in-house capability to build effective digital services
- transform how government delivers services that meet users’ needs
We want to equip our people with digital skills, so they can fill key roles in our projects and programmes.
The Scottish Digital Academy currently delivers courses on a monthly basis, but this may change depending on demand.
Anyone working for a public sector organisation in Scotland can apply for these courses. The length of courses varies, depending on objectives and the level of skills needing to be developed. They range from a one day Discover Digital and Agile course to a 10-day accredited Digital Foundation course.
Programme outcomes and benefits
The GDS Academy website outlines the aims and objectives of each course.
The courses introduce new ways of working, focussed on user-centred service design.
Developing these skills contributes to building capability and creating the culture change needed for digital transformation in government.
The courses also have benefits to participants’ organisations, including:
- increased capability to create industry leading services through service centred design
- increased efficiency
- consistency in learning, ways of working and the implementation of Digital Transformation programmes across the public sector
Why should you enrol on a course?
Listen to (Director-General) Sarah Davidson’s thoughts on the Scottish Digital Academy and how it can help you and your organisation.
Hear from leaders who have attended our Hands on Agile for Leaders course.
Scottish Digital Academy courses – June - October 2019
These may be subject to change depending on demand.
|Course||Duration||Dates||Venue||No. of places (max)||Cost per delegate|
|Discover Digital and Agile Awareness||1 day||9 July 2019
10 July 2019
3 September 2019
10 September 2019
1 October 2019
|Hands On Agile for Leaders||3 days||6 - 8 August 2019
24 - 26 September 2019
|Digital Foundation||10 days||10 - 21 June 2019
12 - 23 August 2019
7 - 18 October 2019
|Agile for Teams*||3 days||23 - 25 July 2019
13 - 15 August 2019
10 - 12 September 2019
8 - 10 October 2019
|Working Level course for Delivery Managers||3 days||25 - 27 June 2019||Glasgow||12||£415|
|Working Level course for Business Analysts||3 days||8 - 10 October 2019||Edinburgh||12||£415|
|Working Level course for Product Managers||3 days||10 - 12 September 2019||Edinburgh||12||£415|
|Artificial Intelligence course||0.5 days||25 June 2019||Edinburgh||15 (full)||£100|
|Artificial Intelligence course||0.5 days||26 June 2019||Edinburgh||15 (full)||£100|
* (must have 3 - 4 members of a team attend)
Please email the DigitalAcademy@gov.scot if you are interested in the working level courses.
Find out more about the Digital Academy course which provides an introduction to public sector service design.
Future Scottish Digital Academy courses dates
Further dates in 2019 will be confirmed in due course.
Venues will be confirmed once each Scottish Digital Academy course dates are released.
How can I book a place?
To request a place on the Digital Academy courses please email DigitalAcademy@gov.scot.
- Confirmed bookings will be invoiced 1 month prior to the start of the first course.
- Course bookings will need to be paid in full prior to the start of your course, in order for you to attend.
- Cancellations: If you withdraw from the course, and the Scottish Digital Academy are unable to fill the requested space, the course booking will be invoiced as a filled place.
Tai McLennan, Head of Scottish Digital Academy or Lorraine Lee, Scottish Digital Academy Business Manager at DigitalAcademy@gov.scot.