The Scottish Digital Academy’s purpose is to transform the way government designs services for its users.
It provides learning and experience that helps graduates work on agile digital development projects, and build services to meet users' needs.
The Scottish Digital Academy was set up in collaboration with GDS Academy.
Its focus is making sure that Scottish public sector organisations have a coherent learning and development programme to:
- develop and grow our in-house capability to build effective digital services
- transform how government delivers services that meet users’ needs
We want to equip our people with digital skills, so they can fill key roles in our projects and programmes.
The Scottish Digital Academy delivers the courses in January, March, and September of each year. But this may change depending on demand.
Who can apply for the courses?
Anyone working for a public sector organisation in Scotland.
How long does it take?
Courses vary, depending on objectives and the level of skills needing to be developed. They range from a one day Discover Digital and Agile course to a 10 day accredited Digital Foundation course.
What are the outcomes of the programmes?
The GDS Academy website outlines the aims and objectives of each course.
The courses introduce new ways of working, focussed on user-centred service design.
Developing these skills contributes to building capability and creating the culture change needed for digital transformation in government.
What are the benefits to our organisation?
- increased capability to create industry leading services through service centred design
- increased efficiency
- consistency in learning, ways of working and the implementation of Digital Transformation programmes across the public sector
Why should you enrol on a course?
Listen to (Director-General) Sarah Davidson’s thoughts on the Scottish Digital Academy: https://youtu.be/-siy1zmbtFI
Scottish Digital Academy courses - June 2018
These may be subject to change depending on demand.
|Course||Duration||Dates||No. of places (max)||Cost per head|
|Discover Digital and Agile Awareness||1 day||5 June 2018||15||£100|
|Discover Digital and Agile Awareness||1 day||7 June 2018||15||£100|
|Hands On Agile for Leaders||3 days||5 - 7 June 2018||10||£300|
|Digital Foundation Course||10 days||11 - 22 June 2018||15||£900|
|Agile for Teams*||3 days||26 - 28 June 2018||12-15*||£300|
*(must have 3 – 4 members of a team attend)
The Scottish Digital Academy also have access to additional courses, including:
- Digital and Agile Awareness for Policy
- Service Managers
- Working level for Business Analysts
- Working level for Delivery Managers
- Working level for Product Managers
- Confirmed bookings will be invoiced 1 month prior to the start of the first course.
- Course bookings will need to be paid in full prior to the start of your course, in order for you to attend.
Future Scottish Digital Academy courses dates
Further dates in 2018 will be confirmed in due course.
Venues will be confirmed once each Scottish Digital Academy course dates are released.
How can I book a place?
Cancellations: If you withdraw from the course, and the Scottish Digital Academy are unable to fill the requested space, the course booking will be invoiced as a filled place.
Tai McLennan, Digital Talent Strategy Specialist or Lorraine Lee, Scottish Digital Academy Business Manager at DigitalAcademy@gov.scot.